Centuries ago, Sri Lanka was affectionately known as “Ratna-Deepa” which translates to Gem Island. This name is a reflection of our country’s natural wealth. World renowned travelers such as Marco Polo has testified to this fact, stating that our island had the best sapphires, topazes, amethysts, and other gems in the world.
Ratnapura, a major city which forms the capital city of Sabaragamuwa Province, is the hub of Sri Lankan gem trade. The Lanka Gems and Jewellery Tour, provides you the opportunity to visit a gem pit, where you can partake in mining and learn about other important aspects of the Sri Lankan Gem industry. Then rejuvenate your soul by exploring some of Sri Lanka’s most iconic coastal towns.
This tour provides you the opportunity to visit and experience4 the process of Sri Lanka’s Gem industry.
- Ratnapura Gem Mining
- Relaxing in the Beach
- Pickup from Bandaranaike International Airport and proceed to a hotel in Negombo for overnight rest.
- After early breakfast leave to Ratnapura for some Gem mining experience.
- Then leave to Kalutara for overnight stay.
Tour Price Includes
- Meet and assistance at the Colombo International Airport.
- Transportation by an air-conditioned vehicle with driver
- All fuel, insurance and license fees of the vehicle.
- Replacement of vehicle in case of breakdown or emergency.
- Accommodation on double/twin room sharing basis.
- Meals on Bed & Breakfast basis at the hotels reserved.
- All Entrance fees and tickets as per the itinerary.
Tour Price Excludes
- Air ticket expenses from your country to Sri Lanka and return journey
- Extra items consumed / facilities utilized in Hotels.
- Tips to service men and drivers.
- Expenses of personal nature such as liquor, cigarettes etc.
- Camera Charges and video recording charges payable at the sites.