Cinnamon Lodge Habarana
The Cinnamon Lodge Habarana (also known as the ‘Lodge’), is a beautiful Resort located in the middle of the historic Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka. Centrally located in the small town of Habarana -The Cinnamon Lodge is a convenient base to explore Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya and Dambulla.
Covering a land area of 27 acres, The Cinnamon Lodge borders the Habarana Lake and is surrounded by the Nature Reserves of Ritigala, Minneriya and Kaudulla. Every effort is made to harmonize with nature and blend in with the lovely environment.
Relax and retreat into the splendors of nature for a vacation that will linger not only in your mind, but also in your soul…
Table of Contents
Rooms & suites
These are designed with maximum comfort in mind and you will soon agree as you make a selection from our Pillow Menu, sample the stock in the Mini Bar or sink into a lounge chair to gaze at the tranquil lake.
The accommodation is divided into three categories –
Overlooking the grounds of the Lodge are these 68 Rooms, that are the ultimate in lavish comfort. Each has a Bedroom with a Living Room and Bathroom.
There are 40 of these Deluxe Rooms which have been upgraded recently and are large and comfortable. With a view of the lovely flora and fauna of the gardens, these have floors of timber and terracotta. Each Deluxe Room has a Bedroom with an elevated bed, along with a Living Room.
There are four newly conceived Suites – Ebony, Ivy, Cedar and Satin, all of which give you a breathtaking view of the gardens and the Habarana Lake. Beautiful local crafts have been used to decorate these Suites along with other custom-made furniture. Complete individual units occupy the ground and first floors of a cottage, the lovely Master Bedroom upstairs and a second Bedroom downstairs. In addition these units have a Lounge and Dining area.
The Master Bedroom’s en-suite Bathroom features a Jacuzzi, a shower area, double sinks plus a large Dressing Room and storage section. The Suite is equipped with a DVD/VCD Player with a built-in Radio and a flat screen TV.
Put your feet up and relax on the sun longer while you sip a nice cup of Coffee made in the Suites own Espresso Machine just the way you like it.
In addition there is a 24 hour Butler service that you may utilize, along with in-room Spa treatments. For that romantic evening or a special occasion, dining can be arranged in your Suite.
Enjoy this array of in-room facilities
The following are available in all Rooms and Suites:
- Individually controlled Air-Conditioning
- Personal safe
- Minibar, Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Bottled drinking water
- IDD telephone
- Flat screen TV
- 24 hour Room Service
- Bathrooms with 24 hour hot & cold water
- Weighing scales, iron, digital alarm clock, umbrellas and shoe shine set
- Luxury Bathroom amenities, bathrobes, hair dryer, Bedroom slippers
- Writing desk and stationery
- Complimentary local newspaper on request
- Pillow menu, fruit bowl or fish bowl
Several Restaurants and Bars are ready to serve you the most appetizing and mouth-watering cuisine. So just indulge…
- Ebony Lounge – Cigar & Cognac Bar
- Tuskers – Drinks, coffees, snacks, teas,
- Treetops – International cuisine
- The Lotus Thai – Thai cuisine
- Ehala – International cuisine
Other facilities and activities
- Ayurvedic Spa – offering treatments from the basic 45 minute session to the special 5 hour Cinnamon Wellness package, under the supervision of a trained Ayurveda Doctor.
- Business Facilities – everything from secretarial services to Internet access and Computer facilities.
- Excursions filled with culture – to the cities of Anuradhapura and Kandy, the rock fortress at Sigiriya, and the Dambulla cave temples.
- These can be organized by the Hotel at your request.
- Gift Shop – to take back with you a part of Sri Lanka that you will treasure forever.
- Library – to give you hours of reading pleasure. You may also order a snack if you wish.
- Bird Watching – over 138 species of birds to be seen
- Nature Walk, Bullock Cart ride, nature treks
- Wildlife Safari
- Swimming Pools, Tennis, Badminton and other sports
- Indoor games- Backgammon, Chess
- Eco conservation – concerted efforts are being made by the Resort to conserve energy and water, and you as a guest can also be a part of everything
Special packages are on offer for the hosting of events such as Weddings and Conferences, in idyllic surroundings, with delicious cuisine. It will be a very occasion indeed, more so with all the additional touches provided by the Hotel.
Return to Habarana
A few days at the Cinnamon Lodge, Habarana will give you a vacation of comfort close to nature. And the best part of it is that you will leave the Hotel knowing that you have enjoyed yourself to the fullest while in no way harming this planet on which we live. You will, no doubt return…